Through Indian eyes : the untold story of Native American peoples.
A fascinating look at our common history as the first Americans experienced it. Lavishly illustrated, with hundreds of photos, paintings, drawings, maps, original illustrations, and rare archival images. The story is amplified by memorable quotations from native people
- ISBN: 9780895778192
- ISBN: 089577819X
- Physical Description: 400 pages : illustrations (some color), color maps ; 32 cm
- Publisher: Pleasantville, N.Y. : Reader's Digest Association, 
- Copyright: Ãb1995
Publisher, publishing date and paging may vary.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (page 388) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
1. In the days of the ancestors : the voices of memory -- 2. New faces in an old world : the Southeast -- 3. Spirits of a sacred landscape : the Southwest -- 4. From the dawnland to Handsome lake : the Northeast -- 5. Waves of change in the upper country : the Great lakes and Ohio valley -- 6. Land of the buffalo : the Great plains -- 7. Northern worlds : the Arctic, subarctic, and Northwest coast -- 8. Between the mountains and the sea : California, the Great basin, and the plateau -- 9. Paths of war and survival : struggles for the west -- 10. The reservation years : life in the White man's world -- 11. Pride and renewal : closing the circle
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Indians of North America > History.
- 40 of 43 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 2 of 2 copies available at Reynolds County Library District.
- 0 current holds with 43 total copies.
Show Only Available Copies
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Reynolds County Library - Bunker Library||970.004 THR (Text)||3247100102672||Adult Nonfiction||Available||-|
|Reynolds County Library - Ellington Library||970.00 THR (Text)||3247100465799||Adult Nonfiction||Available||-|